You’ve always had a vision in your head about what it will be like when you’ve fully entered the “writer’s life” – what kinds of projects you’ll be working on, how your days go, and what you will feel like to finally be making it as a writer.
Getting from where you are now to that final vision, however … that tends to be the tricky part.
It’s easy to feel a little bit lost on how to turn that faraway vision into reality.
The good news is you don’t have to feel lost anymore.
I’ve put together a guide to help you make the transition from the day-to-day life you’re living right now to the writing life you’re looking forward to.
Keep reading to see what’s inside. :)
Introducing Design Your Writing Life –
a 4-part guide that tells you what to do next
so that you can make it as a writer
Design Your Writing Life is a series of 4 workbooks and audio lessons (with written versions for each!) that walk you through the process of getting from here to there.
In your lessons, you’ll learn how to create a defined, achievable vision for your writing life, clear the obstacles that are holding you back from creating it, build a plan for what you are going to do and then – most importantly – finally make it happen for real.
What you’ll learn in these lessons comes from personal experience in building my own writing life in combination with strategies, tactics and approaches I’ve taught to coaching clients over the years – so you’ll hear multiple approaches to handling the issues that all kinds of writers face as they develop their writing careers.
Let’s take a closer look at what you’ll find in each of your four sessions.
Create a Vision For Your Writing Life
Your ideal writing life is like a puzzle with a lot of pieces in it, and in this session you’re going to get a clear picture of what that finished puzzle looks like (so you’ll know how to build it, piece by piece).
As you go through the exercises in this session’s workbook, you’ll bring your next twelve months into focus and begin creating a customized, “do-able” plan that you can start putting into place – and get advice on how to cope with tricky situations.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Clarify your big writing vision, so you know exactly what you want to create
- Review your current situation to find out how you’ll get from here to there
- Strengthen your call to write so you move forward with confidence
- Create multiple places to write so your options open up
- Design a writing schedule that works for you right now, right where you are
By the time you reach the end of Session One, you’ll have a clear vision of where you want to go and how to begin getting there.
Then you’ll be ready for…
Clear Your Obstacles to Writing
In this session you’ll set yourself up to successfully begin clearing away and managing the external (and internal!) obstacles that currently get in the way of your writing.
You’ll get specific guidance on what to do about life obligations and responsibilities as well as how to overcome the most common limiting beliefs that keep you from picking up pen or keyboard when you want to.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Protect your writing life from everyday obstacles so you can get more writing done
- Leverage your job (if you have or need one) in ways that that protect and support your writing and creative energies
- Overcome the 9 most common limiting beliefs that hold you back from writing more easily and more often
- Consistently break through resistance and keep going (even on days you kind of want to give up!)
- Handle the emotional challenges of writing and come out on top
At the end of Session Two you’ll be breathing a sigh of relief as you realize that every challenge you face as a writer is extremely normal – and extremely fixable.
You’ll hear strategies and tactics that can help you do what you haven’t been able to do before. Nobody will promise you that it’s easy, but it’s going to feel a lot more possible now.
When you’re done with this session, you’ll be ready for…
Prioritize Your Writing Life
In this session you’ll learn about how to make sure that life doesn’t get in the way of your writing. You’ll discover specific, time-tested strategies and tools that move writing to the top of your priority list so that you can get it done consistently and confidently.
As you go through this session, you’ll get what you need to start consciously keeping writing “top of mind” and begin aligning your actions and support networks to help you stay on track every day.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Defuse anxiety around writing by using 6 organizational strategies that make managing your writing easier
- Stay on track by finding the kinds of writing goals and writing styles that work for you
- Create support systems that help keep you accountable and give you the encouragement you need to make your writing happen
- Leverage “high notes” to feel more accomplished and proud of yourself after each writing session
- Set “tomorrow” up for success so that the end of each day leaves you motivated to write again the next day
At the end of Session Three, you’ll know exactly what you need to do to make writing easier to do on a daily basis and take all the overwhelm out of the process.
You’ll have tools and tactics designed to keep writing at the forefront, and to build strong foundations that keep the surprises of day-to-day life from interfering with building your writing life.
In other words, you’ll have a plan.
And then you’ll be ready to wrap things up in…
Make Your Writing Life a Reality
In this session you’ll be taking a closer look at how to put your plan into action and “go pro” as a writer (whether that means getting paid for your writing or simply finishing every writing project you start).
You’ll build on everything we’ve covered in the first three sessions and put the final pieces in place to take your vision, your goals and you plan and finally make your everyday writing life a reality.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- The 5 things you need to do to make putting your plan into action easier (while keeping you inspired and protecting your own “creative well”)
- How to align your actions, beliefs, and identity so that writing isn’t simply an aspiration, but is who you are and how others see you
- How to build confidence in taking your writing to market, and expand your comfort zone so you’re not worried about showing others your work
- How to step into the “pro” mindset so that you’re motivated to consistently do the things that will advance your writing career
- What key steps you need to take first so you can avoid overwhelm and indecision (and get things moving!)
At the end of Session Four, you’ll be ready to take the action you need to take to begin making your vision a reality.
With what you’ve learned throughout this course, you’ll know what to do, how to do it, and how to deal with any speedbumps that happen along the way.
And to recap, here’s what you’ll get today
when you order your copy of
Design Your Writing Life:
- The downloadable full four-part program that helps you Create a Vision for Your Writing Life, Clear Your Obstacles to Writing, Prioritize Your Writing Life, and Make Your Writing Life a Reality.
- Each of the four sessions includes a professionally recorded mp3 audio version of me teaching the material, a written PDF version, and two workbook formats (both a printable PDF version and an editable Microsoft Word version) so you can easily follow along the live class with and make your notes as you go in whichever format you prefer.
- You’ll also find a simple blank Writing Calendar template you can start using to map out your writing life.
to order Design Your Writing Life
You can get the Design Your Writing Life program and download it right now for only $127.
There’s so much I’m looking forward to sharing with you in this guide. Just click the button below and you can begin downloading and enjoying it immediately.
See what other writers like you are saying
about Design Your Writing Life
“Design Your Writing Life was most helpful to me in that it presented the perfect opportunity to sort out my very scattered intentions for my writing life. Your ideas were right on target.
“I was able to immediately implement my vision for my career into my daily life and feel very confident and renewed about all of my writing endeavors as a result of your course, tools and very valuable instruction.
“You answered questions about my self-sabotaging actions and helped me to completely demolish the needless writer’s myths that I lived by.
“This course is the most practical and useful guide a writer could have access to. A million thank you-s!!!”
– Carleen Moscati, Lifestyle Writer
“Thank you so much for this course, it met so many of my needs. You hit all the fears, doubts, and anxieties that I’ve been feeling … but now that you’ve identified them for me they can’t lurk in the shadows any more — they’re coming out and I’m smashing them.
“I’ve read [other people’s advice] about starting the writing life and yours was the first that started with ‘where are you now’ … that’s a step I haven’t seen elsewhere.
“It was powerful to evaluate where I’m coming from and then move into where I should go next. It gave me a sense of continuity to hang onto that I wouldn’t have had otherwise. Thank you for giving me the push I needed.“
– F.J., Writer
“Jenna, I absolutely loved the class! You have filled in the answers to the questions that I continued to ask myself [about] what’s missing in my writing life. I’m already applying suggestions.
“You are amazing at what you do – thank you for giving us the tools for how to make our writing life work for us.”
– Christina DeMarco, TV pilot writer, screenwriter
“Honestly, I felt compelled to start [writing] right away after listening to the talks. Jenna provides tips and tools that can immediately be put into practice. Her clear and practical advice comes from someone who uses the techniques she suggests.”
– Mira Frank , Creative non-fiction writer
“I’ve spent years trying to figure out why I can expend so much time and energy on jobs I hate, and looking for another job that I know I’ll end up hating, but not put in time to make my dream of being a writer come true. Now I get it … and I’m finally able to give myself permission to pursue my writing.“
– D.M., Writer
“The focus on organizing your time, your space, your work and even yourself was inspirational and the specific strategies given helped me to get myself moving.
“Since Wednesday, I’ve written each day and am planning to get myself a paper calendar that I love and mark the days as winners or ‘do overs.’ :-) Thanks so much for this very special writing session.”
– Janis Brams, Short story writer, personal essayist
“Thank you for the reminder to commit to the writing so that you get a continuous flow of ideas; writing begets more writing — sometimes it is hard for us to remember this when we get bogged down by life.
“You covered a lot of great content. Honestly, I am just so grateful that you shared this … it is always helpful to have someone remind you of how important it is to commit to your writing and to share simple techniques to do it.”
– Cindy Richard, Writer
“Design Your Writing Life got me really thinking about how I can take (safe, baby) steps this year to have others see my writing so that it can improve and I can get closer to going pro.
“It was so helpful to hear that the challenges and processes I go through are exactly normal!“
– A.B., Writer
“This class helped me make the shift from thinking of myself as a maybe or sometime amateur writer to a pro. This was huge and something I’ve struggled with for a very long time. I’ve had a desire to write seriously since I was 13 years old…”
– Mary Montanye, Memoirist